Founded in Buffalo, New York, USA, in 1919, Zonta International is a global organization of executives and professionals working together to advance the status of women through service and advocacy.
- Improve the legal, political, economic, educational, health, and professional status of women through service and advocacy.
- Work for the advancement of understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of executives in business and the professions.
- Promote justice and universal respect for human rights and fundamental
- Unite internationally to foster high ethical standards, implement service programs, and provide mutual support and fellowship for members who serve their communities, their nations, and the world.
- Lead advocacy efforts and acting to improve the lives of women.
- Promote strategies to prevent violence against women.
- Fund scholarships and awards for women of exceptional ability and talent through the Zonta International Foundation.
- Support programs aimed at improving women’s health, safety, and economic and political status through funding by the Zonta International Foundation. - Encourage mentorship, friendship and networking among members.